Enrico Dee, a full-time Manila-based travel blogger, visited Capiz during the Western Visayas 2009 Tourism Assembly together with Iloilo bloggers Junelle Caravana, Eddie Mendoza, Jr. and Marcos Caratao, Jr. The three-day event was full of excitement, randomized road trips and countless photoshoots. Upon arriving Roxas City, the bloggers faced the scorching heat of the sun during the Parade of Festivals until it arrived at the Villareal Stadium for the Opening Ceremony and Festival Showdown. The next two days were even more exciting as the bloggers travel around Capiz.
The bloggers went to the following places:
- Panubli-on Museum. Too bad it‘s not allowed to take photographs inside.
- Balay Kapisnon. The bloggers asked for directions going to Culajao.
- Culajao Mangrove Eco-Park
- Santa Monica Church in Panay
- Banica Dried Fish Market and Wharf. The bloggers were disappointed upon knowing from the coast guard detachment area that they cannot go to the Olotayan Island anymore.
- La Playa de Roxas (People’s Park in BayBay). The bloggers were amazed how clean and stink-free the park is.
- Fish Drying Area in Dumulog
- Ford’s Point in Culasi. The bloggers went here instead of Olotayan.
- Tracy’s Bakeshop
- Dante’s Café and Bar, along Marc’s Beach (Beng’s, Alma’s, Kansi Pat Pat’s Restaurant)
Enrico, Junelle, Eddie and Marc are full-time independent travel bloggers and photographers. As their tour guide, I have seen how proficient they are in capturing split-second moments and beautiful sceneries here in Capiz. It is a privilege for Capiz that these bloggers came to see the sights and sharing it in the blogosphere. Through them, Capiz will be captivating more tourists.
Brief Information of the Bloggers:
Enrico Dee of Byahilo.com . He is a twenty-something who just went for a Western Visayas escapade (link: http://www.byahilo.com/2009/12/08/byahilo-on-a-western-visayas-escapade/). He was born in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, and took up BS Computer Science at the University of St. La Salle. Visit his blog to see some photos during the opening ceremonies at the Villareal Stadium (link: http://www.byahilo.com/2009/12/09/western-visayas-tourism-assembly-2009-photos/).
Junelle Caravana of Intiendes.com. She took up BS Computer Engineering at the University of San Agustin. She is the vice-president of the Iloilo Bloggers organization.
Eddie Mendoza, Jr. of GigsIlonggo.com . Junnjun took up BS Information Technology in Central Philippine University in Iloilo City. He is originally from Masbate but is now settling in Iloilo. He is a public relations officer for gigs of the Iloilo Bloggers organization.
Marcos Caratao, Jr. of ExploreIloilo.com. He is a 20 something year old travel blogger slash freelance photographer. He lives in Mandurriao, Iloilo City and maintains a couple of blogs to fuel his many passions. He is a public relations officer for travel of the Iloilo Bloggers organization.
Western Visayas Tourism Assembly 2009 Pictures by chymera00
Author: Sheilla May Baes